Private School ISEE Action Plan: Lets get Prepared
What is ISEE?
Getting into the right private school can be an incredibly confusing process for parents and students. Similarly, registering, applying, and testing can often feel daunting and frustrating. The first step, research and select schools you would like to attend. The second, register and prepare for the ISEE. The ISEE, or Independent School Entrance Examination, is a test that students are required to take to gain admission into private schools in the United States. Therefore, if you want your child to attend a private school, they will most likely have to register and test for the ISEE as part of the admissions application.
ISEE Test Dates for Private Schools:
Students may register to take the ISEE one time in any or all of three testing season
- Fall (Aug.-Nov.)
- Winter (Dec.- Mar.)
- Spring/Summer (April-July)
Note: Most private schools require ISEE official scores be submitted between Dec-Jan
Levels of ISEE:
- Primary Level (entrance to grades 2-4)
- Lower Level (entrance for grades 5-6)
- Middle Level (entrance for grades 7-8)
- Upper Level (entrance for grades 9-12
How is the ISEE structured?
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Mathematics Achievement
- Essay ( The essay portion is unscored and sent to the schools you apply to)
How Can Groza Learning Center Help?
The importance of preparation is truly the key to success during this time, which is why Groza is here to create a clear path for your child and provide the necessary guidance along the way, online and in person. Grozas’ award winning program prepares students for the ISEE by introducing tricks and strategies to attack each question, reinforcing important academic concepts, instilling disciplined work habits, and building confident test taking skills. Furthermore, you will likely notice an improvement in your child’s current grades since the ISEE contains math and verbal material that intentionally goes beyond most students’ comprehension level . As a result, your child’s overall education will be enriched with valuable skills that will benefit them well beyond the ISEE.
Our Recommendations for success:
- Apply to at least 3 schools
- Start your preparation as early as possible
- Take a practice test to establish your benchmark
- Identify strengths and weakness
- Work with an education specialist who can identify and strengthen weak areas
- Leaving plenty of time to prepare and improve
- Consistently complete independent home work to insure retention and understanding
- Repetition – Repetition- Repetition